Summer’s here, and even though it’s supposed to be the perfect time to take a breather, that’s not usually the case for most of us. Just because the weather gets warmer doesn’t mean your job is any less demanding!
If you can’t seem to tear yourself away from your laptop but still want to have some time to relax, the perfect solution may be a workcation. As the name suggests, it’s a nice halfway point between having that time away and making sure you’re plugged in.
Worried you you won’t be able strike a good balance between tanning on the beach and being on that conference call? These strategies will get you out of town while getting your work done, too.
- The first rule of taking a vacation: Don’t freak out the entire time about not being in the office. It’s totally fine to work during your vacation, too . (CBS)
- Guess what? It turns out that taking a break could actually be great for your career . (Fast Company)
- Instead of thinking about all the things you could be doing, focus on the bare minimum you need to get done while you’re away. (Camden Kelly)
- The secret to getting work done but also enjoying yourself is to be mindful of not over-structuring your trip . (Lifehacker)
- Think about your re-entry to the office before you head out for some R&R. (US News and World Report)
- Set boundaries with your boss and co-workers for what you expect of them and what they expect of you while you’re soaking up rays. (Careerealism)
- Don’t just alternate between laying out in the sun and laying next to your laptop while you’re away. Make time for physical exercise and moving around . (99U)
- Another pro tip if you’re worried about work taking over your vacation: Don’t give out your travel itinerary to your co-workers or boss. (Forbes)
- Are you sure your tech is as ready as you are for vacation? (The Daily Muse)