Whether you’re aiming for that promotion or just looking for more respect in the office, everyone has the ability to become a much better leader. However, many typical leadership techniques (speak your mind more often, be the point person on everything) just don’t work for some people.
If you’re having trouble figuring out how to flex your leadership muscles, you’re in luck: We searched the web to find the best resources on more unconventional ways to strut your stuff and get ahead in your career.
- Leadership isn’t about doing one particular thing; it’s a state of mind that requires a plan and dedication to coming up with a leadership style. (Forbes)
- If you’re freaked out at the thought of having to stick to one specific leadership style, don’t worry; you can totally mix and match. (Fast Company)
- Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so it’s okay to steal leadership styles from top CEOs. (Entrepreneur)
- It’s also important to see what successful people are doing as a whole. (Marc and Angel)
- Think that being a leader means having the courage to say no to people? It’s actually more courageous to say yes. (99U)
- Being a leader can really be as simple as making some small tweaks to your body language. Seriously. (James Clear)
- Great leadership doesn’t require you to call someone out; it requires you to call someone forth. (HBR)
- If you really want to think outside the box, become an awesome leader by thinking like Swiss cheese. (Lifehacker)
- Need somewhere to get started? Try one of these 19 ideas that will change the way you lead. (The Muse)