Summer may be the season for rest and relaxation, but it’s time to add another “r” word into the mix: reflection. As you take it easier (than usual, at least), think about what you want to do once you get back into the swing of things. What can you do differently in the office? How can you change the way you interact with people? Are you being as productive as you could be? These are all things to consider.
Looking for small self-improvements that can make a huge difference? You’ve come to the right place.
- One of the easiest and oldest ways to improve yourself: Pick up a book . Seriously, stop making excuses for why you can’t read more. (Lifehack)
- Have you evaluated your goals recently? If not, summer is a great time to figure out what you want to achieve and tackle what you want to do . (Zen Habits)
- Drink more water . Everyone’s told you the benefits, so isn’t it time you hopped on the bandwagon? (BuzzFeed)
- Find your own work-life balance . Everything won’t be perfect all the time, but by giving thought to what works for you, you’ll make life a whole lot easier. (99U)
- Have you ever actually thought about how you speak? If not, it’s something to practice. For example, do you use uptalk when chatting with others? (Magnetic Speaking)
- Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do some spring cleaning. Leave the mop in the closet though, and focus on cleaning your digital presence . (The Huffington Post)
- Have you downloaded a new app recently? Good news: You can consult this list to find ones that are worth the hype. (The Undercover Recruiter)
- There are many benefits to smiling more , so why not try it out? (SheKnows)
- Aim for a 10 out of 10 life . (The Daily Muse)