9 Surefire Ways to Become the Person Everyone Respects
Whether you’re on the bottom of the career ladder or at the very top, respecting your colleagues and being respected by others is incredibly important.
By using these simple tricks, you’ll become that person everyone admires—no matter what your job title is.
- Talking less and listening more can get you way further than being the loudest person in the room. (The Huffington Post)
- You never want to be in the middle of office politics, but being aware of where you stand and how you fit in the office ecosystem is equally important. (Lifehack)
- Never underestimate the power of common courtesy. Clean up after yourself, be on time, finish your projects by their deadlines, and be kind to others. (Tech Republic)
- Show gratitude to others through simple acts of kindness, like wishing someone a happy birthday or making an extra pot of coffee for a colleague who needs it. (Tiny Buddha)
- By understanding where others are coming from and respecting yourself first and foremost, you can command the respect of others. (Paul Jarvis)
- The people who garner the most admiration are those who know how to admit when they’re wrong. (Wise Bread)
- Make an effort to be the most inclusive person in your office. (Buffer)
- No matter what you do or say, be sure to practice what you preach. (Pick the Brain)
- Studies show that self-trust can make you more admired by others. (The Daily Muse)
Photo of respect sign courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author