No matter where you are on the career ladder right now, you’re probably trying to reach higher, do better, and learn more. And that’s great.
The good news for you is that it doesn’t have to be all that difficult. In fact, to make it a little bit easier, I rounded up nine strategies that’ll help you push yourself (even) harder.
- Did you know there’s a science behind learning new skills ? Well there is and it is super interesting. (Lifehacker)
- Work on your presenting skills by speaking up more . Whether it’s at an all-company meeting or a small morning team check-in, find places to let your voice be heard. (Jonathon Colman)
- Make it a goal to learn something new about everyone on your team this week. You’d be surprised at how much those little interactions can build your bonds and help your career in the long run. (Ryan Stephens)
- Chances are that you could probably be better at meeting deadlines. Use these four tips to start turning things in early (without breaking a sweat!). (LinkedIn)
- Do you have enough on your plate? If not, here’s what you need to do to ask your boss for more responsibility. (Brazen)
- Given all the stress in most work environments, it's easy to feel tired, irritable, and negative. Instead, work to change your mindset and put forth a positive attitude . (Tiny Buddha)
- Push yourself to meet more people and put yourself out there professionally. Hey, knowing a couple more people is never a bad thing. (Careerealism)
- No one likes hearing about their weaknesses, but if you want to grow as a professional, you need to ask people (bosses, co-workers, and clients) for feedback . (Fast Company)
- If you’ve never tried out different productivity tricks before, using one of these may be the way to go. (The Daily Muse)