With the new year approaching quickly, you have lots of work to get done before the ball drops. The only problem? Your productivity level has hit an all-time low.
But who says that you can’t be productive when you’re feeling lazy? We searched the web for awesome resources to help you do a couple of productive things while you’re on holiday break that’ll help you along with your year-end agenda items without requiring too much work. Check them out!
- Hey, did you know that work and the holidays can actually go hand in hand? (Harvard Business Review)
- Just because it’s the holidays, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t still have a schedule to get things done. (Forbes)
- Another important tip: Be consistent with your work. Not getting ahead on those reports for a couple of days and then sprinting to finish things isn’t that smart. (Lifehack)
- New year’s resolutions aren’t the only things that should be made public; let your family and friends know what you’re trying to get done so that they can hold you accountable. (Fast Company)
- If you’re looking to take an entirely different approach, you can always try auto-deleting your emails. Empty inbox, anyone? (99U)
- Holiday parties are the lazy person’s networking events. They’re a great way to catch up while also making awesome connections. (Entrepreneur)
- Traveling during the holiday season can also slow down your productivity. The good news? A little prep can make it way easier. (Lindsey Pollak)
- Another great way to be lazy and still do wonders for your career? Write an awesome holiday card that not only sends season’s greetings but also gives your network an update. (Glassdoor)
Want more help being lazy but productive during the holidays? Check out our suggestions!
- Beat the Holiday Slump! 3 Ways to Finish the Year Strong
- Egg Nog vs. Email: Working from Home at the Holidays
- 3 Ways You’re Letting Work Ruin Your Holidays (and How to Stop)
Photo of yawning dog courtesy of Shutterstock.