Anyone who has ever tried to come up with new and innovative ideas in a group setting has learned that it’s easier said than done. Brainstorming is an art and a science, and it’s hard to truly get anything done without having a game plan beforehand.
Lucky for you, we scoured the web for the best tips and tricks on how to conduct an awesome brainstorming session that gets you the ideas you need.
- Before you try to figure out how to be better at brainstorming, make sure you understand why many brainstorming sessions are totally useless . (Forbes)
- It’s also important to read up on the science behind brainstorming and why it works. (Fast Company)
- If you want to think of creative ideas, you can’t go into a brainstorming session with a blank slate . (99U)
- Another great tip for brainstorming? Just drop the brainstorm altogether and try brainwriting instead . (Lifehacker)
- Two of the best ways to have a productive and effective brainstorming session: Go for quantity over quality and forgo all judgement . (LinkedIn)
- It’s also time to go old school: Here are 10 classic brainstorming techniques that still get the job done. (Inc.)
- If you really want to have a great brainstorm, make sure you understand how you can ruin a brainstorm as well. (Lifehack)
- Having trouble getting anything done with your team? Feel free to try brainstorming on your own for a change of pace. (Psychology Today)
Want more help with your next team brainstorm? Check out our suggestions!
- Working Solo? 8 Great Ways to Brainstorm by Yourself
- How to Make Sure Your Next Brainstorming Session Isn’t a Total Waste of Time
- How to Brainstorm Like Google