8 Signs You're Obsessed With Your Job
There’s nothing quite like the satisfaction of waking up in the morning and going to a job you absolutely adore. But what happens when your innocent feelings of gratitude turn into a full-blown obsession?
Let’s face it, most of us won’t tell you when we’re, er, overly preoccupied with certain things in our lives. If you’re feeling just a little doubtful about where your work relationship stands, you better take a look here:
1. You lay awake at night thinking about your job. 6 AM couldn’t come sooner!
2. You usually get started on your work—while you’re still in pajamas.
3. You love getting to the office early. In fact, you’ve asked for your own key so you don’t always have to wait for security to open up the building.
4. Going out for lunch? Out of the question. Who’s going to keep your chair warm—or your emails answered?
5. You count the days until the annual office party. It’s usually the highlight of your year.
6. Your co-workers occasionally ask about your girlfriend. You’re confused until you remember the extra drawer space. Sally didn’t tell me she was moving out.
7. The weekends aren’t much of a vacation—not when your work is so far away.
8. You use that free time making plans for winning Employee of the Month. It’s all about strategy.
Diana Hernandez is a freelance writer living on Long Island. When she’s not ranting away on her blog, annoyingpeopleblog.wordpress.com, she’s cruising the library for inspiration and enlightenment.More from this Author