8 Ridiculous-But-True Lessons We've Learned From TV Bosses
Today, October 16, is National Boss’ Day, when we celebrate all things management.
So, whether you are a boss, you want to be one, or you report to one, we thought we’d compile some management tips we’ve learned over the years, courtesy of our favorite on-screen supervisors.
1. It’s OK to have high standards.
2. As long as your team knows you always have their back.
3. Of course, sometimes, you’re going to have to manage people you don’t necessarily like.
4. And sometimes, your management style won’t work for your team.
5. But it’s still your job to inspire people to do their best.
6. And show confidence when things are rough.
7. Because, at the end of the day, you’re nothing without a great team behind you.
8. And, of course, a stiff drink.
Scott Dockweiler crafts witty headlines, writes fun articles, and generally lends a hand to the editorial team at The Daily Muse. When he’s not Musing, he’s trying to get his acting career off the ground and racking up Delta Airlines frequent flier miles between NYC and LA. You won’t find him on Twitter—yet.More from this Author