When you’re slogging through the job search process, most of it can feel pretty uniform: You fill out an application, send off a resume, and wait for a response. The one thing that totally changes every time? That pesky cover letter that never seems to get any easier to write.
If you’re looking for some help, you’re in luck: We’ve scoured the web for the best resources to help you totally kill it on your next cover letter.
- Remember, writing a cover letter helps you take control of the narrative . (TheLadders)
- For the best cover letter ever, approach the whole thing like writing an acceptance speech . (Lifehacker)
- You need to stop using these 10 words and phrases , because they’re killing your cover letter (and possibly your job application). (Fast Company)
- There’s a more scientific approach to writing a cover letter (and it includes a cool chart). (Psychology Today)
- If you want to keep employers and hiring managers intrigued, your cover letter needs to tell a story . (99U)
- Even Leonardo da Vinci can teach you something about writing a totally stellar cover letter. (Entrepreneur)
- Are you guilty of committing one of these seven deadly sins of cover letter writing? (US News)
- Another important factor of the cover letter: Don’t forget about the logistics . (Forbes)
Looking for more help crafting a rad cover letter? Check out our suggestions!
- 15 Deadly Language Sins Not to Make in Your Cover Letter
- 7 Cover Letter Mistakes That Make Hiring Managers Cringe
- 4 Ways to Make Writing Cover Letters Suck Less