The job interview is one of the most important (not to mention one of the most nerve-wracking) parts of the job search process, but everyone has to do it. The good news? Taking some time to prepare can ensure success when you walk into a potential employer’s office.
Even better news? We’ve scoured the web to bring you some awesome job interview reminders so that you can totally nail it on the big day.
- Reading a company’s mission statement won’t cut it anymore; look at earnings calls, quarterly reports, and blog posts, too. (Forbes)
- Your knowledge of a company won’t be the only thing that’s tested. Hiring managers will also be looking at your “cross-disciplinary self” to see what you’re made of. (99U)
- Another interviewing pro tip: Put some talcum powder on your hands so that your palms aren’t sweating when you go in for a handshake. (Undercover Recruiter)
- Job interviews are just as much about getting inside the head of your interviewer as they are about your interviewer testing you. (Business Insider)
- Be prepared to potentially answer some really weird interview questions. (Fast Company)
- Read about the big interview mistakes of others to know what you should avoid doing. (HubSpot)
- Make sure you have some idea of when an employer will follow up with you after a job interview. Haven’t received anything yet? You can follow up without being creepy. (Lifehacker)
- When you do land that offer? Jokingly ask for a one-million dollar salary. Doing so can actually increase your salary by 10%. (Fortune)
Need some more help nailing your job interview? Check out our suggestions!
- 18 Things You Might Say in an Interview (and How They Sound to Hiring Managers)
- 7 Killer Questions to Ask at Your Next Interview
- 30 Things You Should Never Say in a Job Interview