7 Ways Sticky Notes Can Push You Ahead in Your Career (and Also Make Your Life More Colorful)
There are all sorts of good tips out there for how to hack your career: Wear the same kind of outfit every day to avoid decision fatigue, get up an hour early, block out time in your schedule to get actual work done—you’ve heard them all.
But did you know that there’s one item out that could solve many of your career woes? And that it costs less than $5? Enter your good friend: the sticky note.
Sticky notes may seem primitive and one-dimensional, but after you take a look at these hacks, you’ll be running out to pick your Post-it poison in no time.
- Use them to create a “life audit,” where you think honestly about your values, goals, and dreams. (Medium)
- Once you do your audit, turn your thoughts into actions with Post-its. (Psychology Today)
- Use a sticky as the parameter for your to-do list. (99U)
- Want to get your colleagues or supervisors to do what you ask? Add a sticky note. Science says your chances increase greatly. (Lifehacker)
- Get those daily affirmations going in the morning and evening to help you put your best foot forward and reflect when the day is done. (Inc.)
- Time to spruce up your office? You can be like Ben Brucker and use 8,024 Post-its to make a wall of art. (Bored Panda)
- Write your career mantras on sticky notes and keep them nearby. (The Daily Muse)
Photo of sticky notes courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author