Anyone who's been to San Francisco can agree—this city is awesome.
But working here even beats visiting. Sure, the cost of living can be brutal, but mild weather, a zillion amazing food options, and cool companies everywhere you look make it all worth it.
Check out a few of our favorite things about professional life in the Bay—and a few of our favorite workplaces, too.
1. The fog may not make for perfect beach weather—but you've got an insanely beautiful commute.
(SoFi's office overlooks the Golden Gate Bridge.)
2. Casual Friday? Try casual every day.
3. No crappy office coffee here. Instead, you're surrounded by people who take the taste of their coffee as seriously as they do their work.
(There are 20+ coffee shops within a two-block radius of Justin.tv.)
4. By the time your friends in other cities hear about the latest life-changing app, you've befriended all the founders at a tech meetup.
5. There's a good chance that your company has an awesome happy hour—and different microbrews all the time.
6. Even if you don't have a dog, your office does, and that's almost better.
(Say hi to Otis, the cute office pup at Kiva.)
7. You can choose between a session with your in-office yoga instructor and the class at your local studio.
Bonus: We know more than 30 awesome companies there that are hiring now.