5 Things to Learn About Yourself Before Job Searching—and 11 Other Things to Know
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- Looking For a Job? 5 Things You Need to Know About Yourself First (Brazen Careerist)
- Mentorship as You Know it Is Dead (99U)
- The One Interview Question Most People Are Not Prepared For (LinkedIn)
- 6 Pro Tips for Cutting Your Resume Down to One Page (The Daily Muse)
- How to Be Smarter and Retain More of the Information You Consume (Popforms)
- 7 Ways to Change Your Attitude When You Can’t Change Anything Else (Marc and Angel Hack Life)
- How to Make Getting Out of Bed in the Morning Easier (Lifehacker)
- 4 Ways to Bounce Back From a Totally Unproductive Day (The Daily Muse)
- 10 All-Star Bacon Recipes You Need in Your Life (Bustle)
- 7 Fun Things to Do at Home Tonight (Besides Watch TV) (Apartment Therapy)
- 18 Air Travel Hacks to Help You Kick Off Vacation Unfazed and Unscathed (Gizmodo)
- 7 Awesome Office Bonding Activities (Besides Happy Hour) (The Daily Muse)
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author