113 Best Pieces of Career Advice We've Never Heard Before
We at The Muse get a lot of career advice passed over our desks. In fact, sometimes we think we’ve heard it all.
Thankfully for your careers (and our jobs), there’s always new advice out there, and this week we went in search of just that. Check out the articles below for a collection of the most unique (but seriously helpful!) advice we’ve ever seen—but never heard before—along with our favorite tip from each article.
Read on to get inspired—and get the know-how you need to get ahead.
- You may have heard these seven pieces of advice, but they are often forgotten—and perhaps the most important! (Inc.)
You don't become a star doing your job. You become a star making things happen.
- These 23 nuggets of wisdom will help you out no matter what level you’re at or industry you’re in. (Mashable)
Just when you think you've got it 100% right, you can be taken down.
- Check out these five piece of traditional career advice—that have been turned on their heads to reveal some seriously helpful guidance. (Forbes)
It’s not what you know—or who—it’s who knows what you know.
- You may not want to hear this sage piece of advice, but paying attention to it could really help you get ahead. (LinkedIn)
Do the jobs no one else wants to do.
- While you may have zoned out during your college graduation speech, there are plenty of inspiring bits of advice in these 14 amazing ones. (DailyWorth)
Take pride in who you are, but leave room for the pride of others…
- Want some Reader’s Digest-style career advice? Check out these 50 tips—that are shorter than 10 words long. (The Simple Dollar)
Whether you realize it or not, you’re self-employed.
- Finally, make sure to read these 13 important considerations that people don’t talk about enough. (AOL Jobs)
Never, ever cook fish in the office microwave.
Want more stellar career advice? Check out our suggestions!
- 45 Pieces of Career Advice That Will Get You to the Top
- 9 Pieces of Career Advice We Wish We'd Had Sooner
- 101 Career Tips You Can Learn in 3 Seconds
Photo of filing cabinet courtesy of Shutterstock.
About The Author
Scott Dockweiler crafts witty headlines, writes fun articles, and generally lends a hand to the editorial team at The Daily Muse. When he’s not Musing, he’s trying to get his acting career off the ground and racking up Delta Airlines frequent flier miles between NYC and LA. You won’t find him on Twitter—yet.