10 Reasons to Love Working in NYC
Maybe we're biased, but we think working (and living!) in NYC is pretty awesome. It really is the city of endless possibilities—endless cafes to take your coffee meetings at, endless people to network with, and, of course, endless happy hours to attend when the day is over. The smell of garbage during our summer commute aside, there's not much we'd change.
Check out some of our favorite things about city working—and our favorite NYC-based companies that are hiring now.
1. You can't beat these parks for taking your walking meeting s. (Also, we firmly believe in walking meetings.)
2. The "let's grab coffee" meeting takes on a whole new meaning.
3. There are enough food options to keep you well-fed for your entire career. (Seamless just told us there are 530 places that will deliver to our office.)
4. If you want an incredible view, you just have to step outside and look up.
5. Every other store sells coffee . And some of us need that.
6. So many cute dog sightings on your way into the office.
7. Outrageously priced real estate to motivate you to ask for that raise. (Hey, there's a silver lining in everything, right?)
8. You can get anything that fits in a messenger bag delivered. We ran out of printer paper and a dude on a bike brought us more in 20 minutes. Thank you, Postmates.
9. E very office is a five-minute walk away from approximately five bars, four pubs, three karaoke bars, two wine bars, and one exclusive club with velvet ropes.
10. There's awesome public transit that will take you to work— and home from happy hour.
Photos courtesy of Shutterstock.
Want a job in NYC? Check out these companies that are hiring now!
As Social Media and Community Manager, Brooke is intrigued by (okay, obsessed with) all things social. She has been Musing since right after she graduated from Smith College, beginning first as an intern. When Brooke isn’t conjuring up new Tweets, she can be found trying out new foods, wishing she had a Boston Terrier, and Instagramming. Say hi on Twitter @beetorr.More from this Author