If you’ve ever traveled to the Windy City, you probably enjoyed your share of good food, summer beach fun, and gorgeous views of Lake Michigan. But there’s even more to love when you’re living and working in Chicago.
Check out some (but certainly not all!) of the things we adore about life in the Second City—and a few fantastic offices that you could be working out of!
1. You get all the perks of a city without feeling like you’re in a concrete jungle.
Just check out the awesome views at Groupon’s waterfront office.
2. No more coast-to-coast travel—whether you’re traveling for work or play, it’s easy to get anywhere, fast.
3. You can take public transit and use smartphones at the same time. Above ground subways for the win!
Photo of Chicago street courtesy of Shutterstock.
4. The food truck scene is kicking off and thriving—perfect for a quick lunch away from the office.
Photo courtesy of Marit and Toomas Hinnosaar.
5. You couldn’t find better co-workers if you tried. As one blogger puts it, “mix New York hustle with Midwestern generosity and you get Chicagoans.”
See why Trunk Club’s employees are so happy to go to work every day.
6. Bad day at work? You can always laugh it off at one of the oldest (and still best) improv theaters in the country.
Photo of comedy courtesy of Shutterstock.
7. There’s endless art and entertainment to keep you busy and refreshed over the weekend. (Hello, Taste of Chicago.)
Photo courtesy of Peter Fuchs.
8. From your office downtown, you can be on the golf course in 15 minutes flat. (And most people actually get out of work on time to do so.)
Photo of courtesy of Dan Perry.
If golf’s not your thing, the team Bright Pink organizes a group of runners for the Chicago Half Marathon each year.
9. 15 professional sports teams means your company is bound to have season tickets for something.
Photo of field courtesy of Shutterstock and Steve Broer.
Or at least take part in a softball league, like they do at Heartland Alliance.
10. Infinite speakeasys, bars, and places to hang out to get to know your work buddies—without the three-hour lines.
Photo courtesy of Glenn Harper.
Ready to Work in Chicago? Check Out All the Great Companies Hiring
Photo of Chicago skyline courtesy of Shutterstock.
The Daily Muse is the daily publication of The Muse, your ultimate career destination that offers exciting job opportunities, expert advice, and a peek behind the scenes into fantastic companies and career paths. Learn more, contact us, and find us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.More from this Author