MBA Internship - Investment Management
Shape the future of investing
Complement your education with real-world experience in the summer of 2020. Vanguard's MBA Summer Internship Program - Investment Management Track is an opportunity to use your real passion for investments to directly impact the financial future of our investors. Here, you can influence strategic decisions at one of the worlds' leading investment firms. While we provide a summer assignment and the tools for success, you'll figure out how to use them and make your summer count.
What it takes
- You have an undergraduate degree and current enrollment in an MBA program.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of prior work experience, including relevant exposure to investment management, strategy, consulting or business analytics.
- You have a comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to explore a variety of challenges and pivot as needed.
- You have a deep interest and understanding of financial markets.
Specializations that will make an impact
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Clear, articulate communicator, comfort making brave decisions with an ability to collaboratively influence and effectively interact at all levels, both internally and externally in a matrixed environment.
- CFA, or progress towards CFA, highly preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with SQL, python, R preferred but not required
- The start date for this program will be May/June 2020
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
- Upon successful completion of the internship, interns will be considered for full-time program offers based on interest and business needs.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top