Learning Experience Designer
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
You'll use your instructional design and project management abilities to create dynamic learning experiences that reach thousands of employees around the world, from new employees to seasoned managers. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where priorities and deadlines only inspire you to find creative, informed, and innovative learning solutions to business problems. Your product mindset means you're comfortable seeking out user feedback, leveraging agile development strategies, and consider experimentation a norm to create progressive learning products.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Scope, design, and develop learning products, including assets and assessments, to support a variety of delivery types, including self-paced, mobile, video, podcast, webinar and leader-led, focusing on digital and blended content creation
- Create learning experiences that engage and excite Uber employees while aligning with business needs, satisfying resource constraints, and delivering on intended learning and business outcomes.
- Conduct needs analyses and use data-driven design principles to determine learning product requirements in terms of audience, goal, timeline, learning methodologies, and delivery methods.
- Manage and guide stakeholders through the collaborative design process, liaising with program managers and the technology team to ensure effective design, development, implementation, feedback loop.
- Leverage learning analytics and user feedback to recommend improvements for each design cycle
- Establish and improve team standards and production processes
- Find new ways to produce content that scales and resonates with our increasingly global, busy audience
What You'll Need
- At least 5-8 years of instructional design, elearning, and project management experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-output environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deliverables, and competing priorities with a proven record of success
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory best practices and experience designing innovative content on multiple platforms (LMS, mobile, AR/VR, etc)
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, managing input while owning and driving the development timeline forward
- Ability to translate data from feedback into improvements for both content and process
- Passionate about the learner experience and how to make it better; open to feedback
- Comfort with ambiguity, technology, and welcome the challenge of working at the fastest growing start up
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline. Advanced degree or certifications a bonus
- English fluency
Bonus Points If
- Demonstrated visual/graphic design skills and comfort turning source material into interactive, visually-appealing, and engaging multimedia learning products
- Experience with mobile learning, AR / VR, gaming methodologies
- Experience in corporate or highly structured content development environment
About the Team
You'll join a team of collaborative, passionate, and quality-obsessed learning designers and a copy editor looking to leverage the best in instructional design best practices to take our learning products to the next level.
Back to top