Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is new business sales role responsible for creating interest with clients and meeting and exceeding sales objectives by promoting Symphony’s fast, secure and automated team collaboration platform. The Business Development Manager role offers fast track career progression as training, mentorship and coaching is provided to ensure the successful candidates develop their skills, sales awareness and business acumen. Ideally, you will already have some proven sales experience coupled with the drive and appetite to develop your career your career further.
- Cold calling to generate and develop leads and prospects and then run the end to end sales cycle in the filed with clients
- Build, manage, qualify, and close deals within a rolling 6 - 12-month sales pipeline
- Develop a portfolio of accounts with support of matrix resources
- Ability to own and drive a sales process
- Effectively and efficiently engage Symphony resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the opportunity in the sales process - Engineering, Marketing, Proposal Development, Finance, and other departments as needed
- Be able to establish compelling points of view about how the Symphony Messaging Platform and Market Solutions can be used
- Competence in the ability to shape deals and define a structure that is appropriate
- Knowledge of ROI models and the ability to speak to performance improvement and savings based on Symphony’s solutions.
- Understand all Symphony Partner relationships and how to effectively leverage relationships
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be coachable and open to learning
- Have an inquisitive and curious nature to assist with your learning and progression
- Resilient and tenacious approach to developing yourself and practicing what you learn in the field to help win customers and ensure that customers meet their objectives
- Lateral and creative thinker
- Some sales experience, ideally selling SaaS based software into Financial Services organisations. FinTech experience would be desirable.
- Candidates must have an interest Capital Markets and ideally knowledge of trade workflows.
- Some track record of successful achievement of assigned quotas
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 20+ opportunities at any given time
- Ability to collaborate with others and knowing when to ask for help
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions. Experience with C-level and other decision-makers would be an advantage
- Ability to craft a solution that meets business priorities based on client discussions
Symphony offers a secure team collaboration platform that transforms the way users communicate effectively and securely with a single workflow application. Forging a new path in the industry, Symphony is designed to help individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve productivity while meeting complex data security and regulatory compliance needs. Symphony was founded in October 2014 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in Hong Kong, London, New York, Paris, Singapore, Sophia-Antipolis, Stockholm and Tokyo.
Symphony has raised roughly $460 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
Back to top