Bally Sports is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to work in the General Accounting group. This position will work extensively with members of the Finance and Accounting groups to book adjustments related to general, rights and production accounting. We are looking for someone who is able to work independently, strive to resolve issues, complete tasks without supervision. Additionally, this individual will maintain rights schedules and perform monthly variance analyses on the assigned networks. The candidate must be able to handle a large volume of tasks and possess the ability to prioritize and must work closely with business units to complete assigned tasks. This position reports to the Accounting Director.
- Responsible for the close process for several sports networks
- Prepare monthly rights amortization and production flash accruals
- Prepare monthly close adjustments including, but not limited to, balance sheet reclassifications, accruals, revenue recognition, rights and production
- Prepare adjusting entries in a timely manner
- Interact directly with Finance group to obtain proposed journal entries, resolve unusual items or discrepancies/reclassifications
- Prepare monthly variance analysis which will be provided to management
- Variance analysis including rights, production and season trend analysis
- Prepare monthly financial statement packages for applicable networks
- Prepare accounts reconciliations for assigned networks
- Active role in implementing process improvements and internal controls testing to ensure compliance with Company policy and SOX
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Ensure completion of quarterly reporting schedules
- Prepare monthly cash flows in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met
- Monitor standardization of accounting policies across networks, ensuring consistency in treatment and submissions from Finance to streamline processes
- Responsible for ad hoc reporting, analysis and/or other projects as needed
- At least 2-3 years accounting experience required
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Ability to handle large volume of entries for review given deadline constraints
- Detail oriented while maintaining efficiency
- Self-starter, accountable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow up
- Ability to work independently following prescribed schedules and be resourceful
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels of management
- Master's degree or CPA preferred
- General accounting skills
- Knowledge of Oracle or other ERP general ledger system are a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.