News Assignment Desk Editor
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KOKH FOX 25 is seeking an aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time News Assignment Desk Editor.
This position is full-time and will require a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
- Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Updating our digital and social media platforms
- A minimum of one (1) year of assignment desk experience
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- General knowledge and interest in local, national, and world news
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media
- A bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is preferred
Job Location Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Company Location HR.KOCB/KOKH.Oklahoma City.Oklahoma City.OK
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top