Anchor / Reporter
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
We're growing our national footprint! Sinclair is seeking an ANCHOR/REPORTER with proven leadership and communication skills to help launch our new content initiative. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and a terrific personality. Ability to ad lib, interview and go off-prompter is a must. Candidate must have at least five years of anchoring and reporting experience and a "can do" attitude.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Covering news events, writing stories and preparing for newscasts
- Providing news reports for on-air, on-line and Social Media
- Participating in the selection of news information for the presentation to viewers
- Researching information for accuracy, generating enterprising and relevant story ideas and following through the production and report of same
- A passion for politics
- Writing clear and interesting copy and presenting stories in an interesting manner while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and accuracy
- Impeccable news judgement
- Someone who views news coverage from a multi-platform standpoint - aiming to create unique and captivating content from platform-to-platform (apps, social media and website in addition to on-air newscasts)
- Leader who knows how to use positive means to inspire their news staff to go above and beyond, with what the audience needs at top of mind.
- Journalist who can convey to audiences what is happening that is new with a story, where that story is now and the next development about that story that the audience can expect.
- A news writer dedicated to accuracy with a penchant for short, declarative conversational phrasing that connects with as large an audience as possible
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Arlington, Virginia, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR, DC.Remote.Arlington.VA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top