- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
We are currently hiring Android engineers across all levels. As a core member of our Android team, you'll directly impact the lifeline of the business by improving our award winning Android app. We work in a truly mobile-first environment, directly with our CEO and Head of Product Engineering.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Owning major features and working closely with our design team to make Robinhood the very best it can be
- Shape the future of our Android team
- Work with our award-winning design team
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Familiarity with Android components.
- Experience building or contributing to at least one Android app.
- Product design intuition and user empathy.
- Drive to push the boundaries of Android UI/UX.
- Understanding of the importance of tests and how to approach writing tests.
- Self-drive to improve the app and codebase above and beyond what's outlined in the spec
- Experience building, maintaining, or otherwise contributing to open source projects
- Familiarity with Kotlin, RxJava 2, Dagger 2, and other libraries in our tech stack.
Technologies we use:
- Dagger 2
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top