- Menlo Park, CA
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the Role
We are currently hiring Android engineers across all levels. As a core member of our Android team, you'll directly impact the lifeline of the business by improving our award winning Android app. We work in a truly mobile-first environment, directly with our CEO and Head of Product Engineering.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Owning major features and working closely with our design team to make Robinhood the very best it can be
- Shape the future of our Android team
- Work with our award-winning design team
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Familiarity with Android components.
- Experience building or contributing to at least one Android app.
- Product design intuition and user empathy.
- Drive to push the boundaries of Android UI/UX.
- Understanding of the importance of tests and how to approach writing tests.
- Self-drive to improve the app and codebase above and beyond what's outlined in the spec
- Experience building, maintaining, or otherwise contributing to open source projects
- Familiarity with Kotlin, RxJava 2, Dagger 2, and other libraries in our tech stack.
Core Tech Stack:
- Dagger 2
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top