- Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
We’re excited to invite talented and motivated Android Engineers to join our award-winning team to help expand Robinhood’s mobile experience for our customers.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with a fast-growing team to revolutionize finance at speed and scale
- Build smooth, stable, and elegant products with Kotlin and the newest Android APIs
- Own features from inception to design, implementation, and launch
- Work cross-functionally with Product Designers, Product Managers, Backend Engineers, and Data Engineers
- At least 3 years of professional Android development experience
- Proficiency with Java or Kotlin
- Motivation to improve Robinhood’s app and codebase to ensure the highest quality for our customers
- Strong product sense and ability to collaborate with Product Managers and Designers
- Excellent communication skills and passion for solving technical challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred; equivalent training or work experience also acceptable
Technologies we use:
- Retrofit / OkHttp
- Dagger / Hilt
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Back to top