Senior Machine Learning Engineer
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Generating billions of events and terabytes of data a day, we’re in the unique position to revolutionize content discovery on the internet. We are overhauling Reddit’s search and relevancy infrastructure as we unleash the value of an exponentially growing petabyte-scale dataset.
You'd leverage state of the art technology to lead this effort from the ground level, delivering highly personalized experiences across our extremely diverse user-base.
If applying ML / AI in production to improve Reddit’s content hotness rankings and search relevance while impacting our bottom line through ad targeting/utilization excites you, then you’ve found the right place.
- Architect and implement the machine learning and relevancy platform at Reddit.
- Apply Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence to retrieve relevant results with optimal ranking.
- Dig into how Reddit’s customer behavior is unique and go beyond generic relevance algorithms.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, qa, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer developing production code.
- Familiar with large-scale data pipelines or ML / AI techniques.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
Back to top