- New York, NY
Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We’re looking for a creative polymath and problem solver who can invent, write, and design advertisements and campaigns across a spectrum of categories and verticals – tailoring each ad to the unique culture and interests of the Reddit audience.
Put another way: We’re looking for someone who can make ads Reddit won’t hate – if you can make Reddit chuckle, we’ll give you a gift; if you can make Reddit click, that gift will be a pony!*
- Invent ad concepts and campaigns that balance the needs of our clients with the tastes of our audience. [What if the real ads were the friendships we made along the way?]
- Write concept pitches, headline copy, creative briefs, RFP responses, and communications that embody Reddit’s sensibilities. [Write like a human for other humans. This isn’t Mad Men; we don’t dress as well.]
- Design ad layouts, creative assets, campaigns, and viewer journeys that entertain, inform, and sell. [But, what if this was Mad Men? What would that look like? Now try it in orange-red. Nice.]
- Translate client value props and USPs into language and visuals Redditors find appealing and actionable. [If you already know what these terms mean, you’re halfway there.]
- Act as a creative consultant and platform expert to Reddit’s Growth Sales team and their clients [Help people learn to Reddit.]
- Deep knowledge of Reddit, its language & communities (bonus points for solid karma)
- Powerfully persuasive written communication & copywriting skills
- Exceptional design sense & talent for visual storytelling
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to fail well. Ads may flop and copy fall flat, but you learn what you can & try, try again.
- Creative flexibility & curiosity – you approach new challenges, clients & verticals with equal enthusiasm
- Core understanding of the relationship between creative agencies, media agencies & brands
- 5+ years of experience in advertising, PR, media, and/or social media
- 5+ years of experience writing professionally for the internet – blogs, articles, social media
- Proficiency in Keynote/PPT and Adobe Photoshop/Adobe CC
- Media and/or creative agency experience a plus
- A taste for meta
- An allergy to cringe
Back to top