Channel Systems Engineer
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history and a six-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named The Best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
What you'll be a Part of:
As a Channel Systems Engineer (ChSE), you are responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks® Next Generation security platform & technology solutions to our most strategic and impactful channel partners. As a field based ChSE you will be tasked with delivering training, best practices and demonstrations of PANW products in person and remotely. In addition you are accountable for gathering the partner’s technical requirements for new features and knowledge.
As an extended member of the Sales and Channels team, the ChSE will align with the PANW Sales teams and Channel Account Managers in the region to create, update and deliver the partner technical enablement strategy. The impact of this person will be tracked and used as one key variable in how they get compensated.
- Experience designing, selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure and security products
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP ,L4 Load balancing )
- Ability to work independently while following prescribed enablement plan BSCS or equivalent and 3+ years of experience as an SE preferably in a partner facing role
- Travel of approximately 50% within resident/home region
- Highly preferred: Technical Channel SE experience working with assigned partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Self-motivated, supremely organized, high-energy and fun spirited individual who takes a very friendly and helping-hand approach
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally. Can Passionately deliver high-level messaging & most TOI sessions
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
- Pride in one’s own appearance, integrity and reputation
Experience working on Palo Alto Networks® products (ACE and CNSE certs)
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environments
- Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation
- Ability to build relationships with key partner and PANW SE’s within their resident geography and assigned partner base
- Focus on enablement & relationships for limited number of partners & new recruits
- Management, creation and reporting on technical enablement plan for channel partners
- Teaches in-geo SEs and Value Added Distributor how to manage and deliver technical enablement plan for their partner base
- Be a PANW technical expert: know networking, security, competition and channels business dynamics
- Can walk the talk: lead lab, demo, best practices session & workshops
- Provide on the job training for partner System Engineers by allowing partner System Engineer’s to shadow presentations and evaluation installations
- Coordinate partner training activities with wide range of PANW field & corporate resources
- Host CNSE study groups to provide tutoring opportunities for partner SEs
- Provide ad-hoc support for evaluations and post sales issues with partner engineers, and quickly transition them to appropriate internal resources
- Present at channel driven marketing activities on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the selling effort to partner technical resources during new partner recruitment
- Collaborates with other Channel SEs and in-geo SEs & AMs, trainers
"Palo Alto Networks® is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palo Alto Networks® is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com."
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks® here.
Back to top