Lab Support Services Supervisor
- San Diego, CA
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care through its comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. The company provides diagnostic, drug development and technology-enabled solutions for more than 120 million patient encounters per year.
We are seeking a Support Services Supervisor to join our team in Poway, CA.
The Support Services Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the work of other employees within the Referals departments. The position will coordinate staff training, scheduling, production, payroll, performance reviews, and other personnel responsibilities.
The schedule for this position will be: Monday - Friday, 2:00a-10:30a
- Supervise most laboratory support operations in one or more of the following areas: Specimen Management and Referrals
- Oversee staff on day, evening, and weekend shifts who perform pre-analytical specimen preparation, packaging of specimens for shipment for testing
- Directly supervise, train and mentor staff
- Perform a wide variety of administrative duties for designated departments/lab
- Responsible for enforcing and managing policies and procedures
- Process and maintain payroll records for the department
- Perform quality assurance checks to ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Resolve any production errors as requested by management
- Maintain quality assurance controls, SOPs, productivity, processing, turn-around-time, etc.
- Assign and review work of employees on a daily basis based on assessments of departmental needs
- Perform other duties necessary to achieve department and organizational goals, testing
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate's Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in related field
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience highly preferred
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Previous experience handling clinical specimens preferred
- Familiarity with LabCorp's systems a plus
Monday - Friday, 2:00am-10:30am, additionaldaysandhoursmayberequired based on business needs
Back to top