- New York, NY
Hudson River Trading is looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter to join HRT's People Operations team, a small but highly productive group based in NYC.
As a recruiter you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of hiring talented people across all teams at HRT. Creativity, adaptability, and experience are important, but to succeed here you must have a passion for finding the rare people who are brilliant yet humble, hardworking and fun, ambitious, and honest – and that takes hustle. You will develop a big picture understanding of our business, champion our values, and will become one of the company's most vocal advocates.
You are accustomed to working (and thriving) in an extremely fast-paced environment, so you possess these must-haves:
- You wear multiple hats and are a multitask master
- You are your own support (no job is too small)
- You are embarrassingly organized
- You take huge amounts of pride in doing your job well
- You sometimes wish you were a programmer - you will stop at nothing to automate your workflow and improve efficiency
- You understand that independence is important, but teamwork is critical
- Partner with all technical & non-technical teams at HRT to drive both experienced and campus hiring initiatives
- Work closely with technical leadership to design the interview and hiring processes for new roles, and constantly improve processes for existing roles
- Lead the full cycle recruiting process including managing various pipelines in our ATS, building relationships with candidates, and offer conversations
- Assist with building interview processes and hiring plans that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Utilize creative sourcing methods such as networking, referrals, LinkedIn, CRM, etc. to identify and engage talented candidates
- Assist with the coordination and execution of HRT’s campus recruiting activities
- Actively maintain and improve HRT’s internal recruiting database
- Maintain and develop relationships with all candidates (as hiring needs and interest levels can change quickly), regardless of outcome
- Must be able to provide excellent recruiting experience for both candidates and hiring managers
- Use your creativity to constantly churn ideas about how to make our recruiting processes more efficient or make HRT a better place to work
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years of work experience in full cycle technical recruiting
- Experience with Greenhouse ATS, G Suite, and Trello preferred
- Experience with campus recruiting is a strong plus
- Articulate communicator with outstanding writing skills
- Ambition and a strong desire to make an impact
- A sense of humor and a sense of urgency
- Positive and team-oriented attitude
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Back to top