Hudson River Trading is looking for a Technical Recruiter to join HRT's People Operations team. Collectively, People Ops is Head of First Impressions for All Future HRT Employees (even though we don't believe in official titles). You will be on the front line of representing our people, talent, and mission. Potential employees need to know they're in good hands and you will show candidates that from the very first contact. You understand that starting a new job is a really big deal, and that hiring the right (or wrong) person is an even bigger deal.
As a recruiter you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of hiring talented people across all teams at HRT. Creativity, adaptability, and experience are important, but to succeed here you must have a passion for finding the rare people who are brilliant yet humble, hardworking and fun, ambitious, and honest – and that takes hustle. You will develop a big picture understanding of our business, champion our values, and will become one of the company's most vocal advocates.
- Partner with technical leaders across HRT to understand their hiring needs and develop recruiting strategies
- Initiate creative and scalable changes to our existing recruiting strategy
- Maintain and develop relationships with all candidates (as hiring needs and interest levels can change quickly), regardless of outcome
- Create strategic plans for sourcing candidates with diverse backgrounds
- Lead the full cycle recruiting process including managing various pipelines in our ATS, building relationships with candidates, and offer conversations
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A passion for building teams and delivering outstanding candidate experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of friendliness and professionalism
- Proven abilities to attract passive candidates by using creative sourcing methods
- Positive and team-oriented attitude (sense of humor is always appreciated!)
- You understand that independence is important, but teamwork is critical
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.