Hudson River Trading (HRT) is seeking an experienced immigration specialist to join our Legal team. As the sole immigration specialist on the team, this person will be at the center of employment visa matters across our global offices and be responsible for working with our People Operations team to provide guidance and counsel to both existing and prospective HRT employees. This includes fully understanding and empathizing with individual case matters and working with the involved parties to answer questions and resolve issues. This role will report directly to the General Counsel.
- Preparation of immigrant, nonimmigrant, and PERM filings (Hs, TNs, Es and Ls) in their entirety (drafting supporting letters, organizing documents, proofreading, etc.) and filing with the appropriate government agencies.
- Especially responsible for PERM ads, applications, recruiting documents, prevailing wage documents, and responding to PERM audits when necessary.
- Monitoring and tracking individual employment visa milestones, expiration dates, and deadlines.
- Proactively check for potential issues or timeline delays with various visa processes and ensure that the General Counsel and People Operations aware and kept up to date on progress.
- Coordinate with the People Operations team and at times directly with foreign nationals to obtain necessary documents and information and discuss case progress.
- Research and clearly report on both global and individual immigration matters, advising on any regulatory rules or changes that may impact individual visa processes or the business as a whole.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- JD preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with corporate immigration procedures and filings for both US nonimmigrant filings as well as US immigrant filings.
- Specific experience with PERM Labor Certificates, Adjustment of Status Applications, and EB-2 and EB-3 I-140s filings.
- Experience providing immigration guidance to employees, prospective employees, managers, and HR professionals and handling confidential employee information.
- An empathetic and judicious approach to handling employees’ concerns.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
See Inside the Office of Hudson River Trading
Back to top