Data Center Technician
The Systems team at HRT builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for a detail-oriented and autonomous individual to perform data center operations. Responsibilities include performing server repairs, operating system upgrades, and everyday hardware and network maintenance. Our data center is based in Westchester County, NY.
- Support data center aspects of team projects
- Coordinate with vendors for on-site maintenance and repairs
- Perform Linux server configuration and basic troubleshooting
- Participate in everyday data center maintenance and operations
- Hands-on experience working with hardware in a data center (preferred)
- Hands-on experience with Linux operating system (preferred)
- Familiarity with systems configuration management, monitoring, and metrics
- Strong communication skills
- Careful, close attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and fix problems quickly
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.
Back to top