Market Risk Senior Associate
- Dallas, TX
About this Opportunity
The Market Risk Senior Associate is responsible for the identification, measurement and monitoring of market risks related to the clearing and settlement of DTCC's members transacting in the equity and fixed income markets. and ensuring compliance with Risk Management Policies and Procedures.
Business Unit: Global Chief Risk Office
Our Risk Management teams work to protect the safety and soundness of our systems and are responsible for identifying, managing, measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in all existing and new products, activities, processes and systems.
What You'll Do
- Perform day-to-day functions contained in the unit's procedures such as researching significant increases in margin requirements, tracking trading patterns of member firms, liquidity usage, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of clients' business and risk profiles in order to serve as a point of contact for risk related support and inquiries.
- Assess existing processes for enhancement opportunities and suggest new processes that most effectively anticipate, manage and reduce risk to DTCC and its participants
- Perform research necessary to support analyzing different margining methodologies
- Educate clients on Risk Management services and Risk initiatives
- Provide support for the preparation of written responses to audit and regulatory reports, as well as supporting completion of regulatory examinations.
- Take ownership for identifying and mitigating risk within assigned areas of responsibility and for supporting risk mitigation across DTCC
- Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Sound Like You?
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in risk management within the financial services industry is required
- Knowledge of Market and/or Liquidity Risk concepts is required
- Proficiency in data analysis and Excel
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative related major such as: finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, etc. is required
- Self-starter with the ability to work under stress and tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Familiarity with a programming language such as Python or SQL.
Who We Are
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide. At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.
Back to top