Malware Analyst - Assistant Vice President
Malware Analyst - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3167945
Location: Jacksonville, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Job Title: Malware Analyst
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Jacksonville, FL
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
CISO-Information Security Overview
Everyday Deutsche Bank observes thousands of intrusion attempts. Integrated in Deutsche Bank's Chief Information Security Office (CISO), the Information Security Operations team is responsible for mitigating these risks. The Information Security Operations team enables the business of Deutsche Bank by providing agile security operational capabilities. The teams: Cyber Threat Operations, Malware Analysis, Security Monitoring, Incident Response, Forensics and Vulnerability Management provides global services from key locations in Frankfurt, Jacksonville and Singapore.
The Malware Analyst will be responsible for the in-depth analysis of malicious applications and other threats that target the Deutsche Bank infrastructure. As such, one of the central tasks of this position will involve the reverse engineering and dissection of the respective program code with the help of different static and dynamic analysis solutions. In addition, you will support other groups within the Information Security Operations field during ongoing incidents as well as pro-actively observe the threat and attack landscape for patterns, changes, and trends.
As the Malware Analyst, you will work closely in a team of subject-matter experts from different areas, thus excellent communication skills are required for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dissect and analyze artifacts from potentially compromised Bank systems with the help of static and dynamic analysis solutions
- Identify infection vectors as well as respective possibilities for remediation, and correlate findings with network and application log files if required
- Support the Security Operations Center and other groups within CSO - Information Security Operations during ongoing incidents and investigations, and advise stakeholders with respect to available remediation actions
- Expert knowledge in the field of IT security, incident response, and/or computer forensics
- Strong knowledge of common software vulnerabilities, attack vectors, and exploitation methods
- Good knowledge of common network protocols
- Good knowledge of higher-level programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Objective-C, and of at least one scripting language (preferably Python)
- Familiarity with common software disassemblers and debuggers, e.g., IDA Pro, OllyDbg, or Immunity Debugger
- Knowledge of Windows kernel structures is considered a significant plus
- Knowledge of penetration testing techniques is considered a plus
- Capability of explaining the implications of modern threats to both technical and potentially non-technical parties
- Self-motivated, strong team player, and interested in learning
Education and Certifications:
- Degree from a four-year university with a focus on IT security or computer forensics or major course work in related fields of study
- GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM) or related certifications
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top