Voyager (94001), India, Bangalore, Karnataka
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Data Scientist/Machine Learning/Data Product Analyst
At Capital One DataLabs India, we are at the cutting edge of solving fundamental business problems using advanced data methodologies, statistics and machine learning algorithms. We analyze data to derive valuable business insights, take decisions, and develop innovative and patentable products.
At Capital One DataLabs, you get to work in a fast paced and intellectually rigorous environment with an opportunity to learn and build deep expertise in core areas of statistical analysis and machine learning. You are challenged to think out of the box and create truly world class products and processes. The attributes we value most in our associates are curiosity, creativity and persistence!
Do you want to make an impact? Build exceptional AI products? Do you have the desire to work and learn alongside some of the best analytical minds in the industry? Do you strive for perfection with great attention to detail?
Then you are the one we are looking for!
What are we looking for?
- Deep expertise in advanced statistical techniques and machine learning
- Strong Quantitative, Analytical and Reasoning skills
- Desire to learn new tools and techniques and follow the latest thinking globally in academia and the business world
- Exceptional self-drive and motivation
- Good interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Leverage Machine Learning techniques to develop products that enhance customer experience, optimise efficiency and mitigate risk, using:
- Programming skills such as Python and R
- Modelling techniques such as predictive and segmentation models
- Algorithms for Computer vision and natural language processing
- Digital analytics for understanding customer behaviour and enhancing experience
- Contribute to the building of intellectual capital for DataLabs
- Efforts that could culminate in patents
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Level of experience: 2 + years
- Quantitative major from premier institutes
- Work experience from technology companies preferred but not essential
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top