Principal Associate, Data Engineer
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Data Engineer
As a Capital One Data Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of new and existing applications within the Cyber organization. We are looking for an engineer
- Values well thought out solutions
- Strive for simplicity in the solutions you provide
- Enjoy performing multiple technical functions when needed
- Is an expert learner and can see the bigger picture for the business
You will build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Hadoop and streaming data hub.
You will build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical. applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners.
You will transform complex analytical models into scalable, production-ready solutions.
You will continuously integrate and ship code into our on premise and cloud Production environment.
You will develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack.
You will work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Develop sustainable data driven solutions with current next gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Designs robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Handle multiple functions / roles for the projects / Agile teams
- Has an intrinsic knowledge of standards and languages
- Leverage and establish standards across the team and organization
- Provide technical guidance to team members
- Develops a framework of a significant complexity
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and provide appropriate solutions
- develop software solutions to solve complex business problems
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years coding in data management, data warehousing or unstructured data environments
- At least 2 years experience in big data technologies like Cassandra, Accumulo, Hadoop, AVRO, MongoDB or Zookeeper
- 3+ years experience developing Java based software solutions
- 2+ years experience in one of the following RDBMS like MySQL and PostgreSQL
- 2+ years experience with NoSQL implementation Mongo or Cassandra
- Experience designing, developing, and building data pipelines, ETL solutions and storage of data
- Experience with Data streaming and publish-subscribe systems Kafka or Kinesis,
- 3+ years of implementing scalable and resilient cloud applications and platform services
- 3+ years in-depth experience with the Hadoop stack MapReduce, Pig, Hive or Hbase
- 2+ year's experience in Cloud or container technologies: AWS; GCP; Docker
- 1+ years' experience using Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation Template to codify infrastructure
- 1+ years' experience with CI/CD Test Automation, Build Automation, and Test-Driven Development.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS Lambda
- 1+ years of experience with serverless architecture
- 2+ years of experience with Agile engineering practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top