The Financial Systems team provides technology expertise to the finance department and is responsible for SAP, HANA, and connected 3rd party systems at Booking.com. We want to change the way people work with SAP, by building a finance application platform that supports simplification of business processes, and empowers the finance community with better financial insights.
We run our SAP environment on HANA and in February 2016 we migrated to Simple Finance. In 2019 we started our journey to S4 HANA with Central Finance.
As a SAP Senior FI and FICA/FICAx Specialist, you will be the architect of the solutions for new initiatives, day-to-day SAP optimization, setting up new functionalities, customizing or modifying existing functionalities to transform the as is processes.
You will utilize your knowledge of SAP FICO and FICA/FICAx to design solutions which meet business objectives and goals.
You will participate in the development of solution design documents, functional design documents, configurational rational, testing and deployment.
You will partner with business owners and digital teams to identify opportunities for improvement and offer up appropriate solution designs to meet business objectives
Through your experience of FICA/FICAx, you will translate business requirements into system configuration which meet business requirements.
You will have deep experience with the integration of FICA/FICAx to SAP FICO, Account Determination and Revenue Recognition.
This role involves extensive daily interaction with functional specialists, developers in all finance and IT departments in Booking.com. It is essential that you have a strong understanding of finance processes and integration with legacy systems and you have strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills in English.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Full ownership of projects and quality of changes, from planning, communication, coordination, compliance aspects, customization and go-live hypercare;
- Analytical thinking
- Providing scalable and innovative solutions;
- Ability to take fast decisions in a very dynamic environment, with some level of uncertainty
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities (processes, people) to improve project delivery and/or development methodologies.
- Training of key users and key user support.Analyzing issues and changes;
- Day to day support and incident resolution
- 8-10 years SAP FI hands-on experience with excellent experience in handling SAP General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable configuration and business process mapping in both ECC and S4 HANA environments
- 6-8 years of SAP FICA hands on experience with excellent knowledge of integration FICA and FICO, Convergent invoicing and billing integration with legacy systems
- Experience with non-industry standards FICA solution (for e-commerce) is an advantage
- Experience in FI - Fixed Assets process mapping and its integration with other modules like MM, Asset under Construction Process is an advantage
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail and manage multiple priorities in a quick turnaround environment;
- Experience in Controlling and Profitability Analysis is an advantage
- Good in collecting the business requirements and translating the requirement to technical consultants. Hands-on experience in preparing functional specification, technical specification and conducting testing including UAT.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written;
- Organized, flexible, proactive and result-oriented.
- Experience in leading a team and being a technical mentor is an advantage
- ABAP code debugging capability is a must (read, interpret, design program logic)
- Experience on integration of digital platforms/legacy applications with SAP is a must