Application Security Engineer
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Application Security Engineer
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip so see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength - it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance-oriented. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
Booking.com's Application Security team is seeking a passionate engineer who wants to protect the world's largest travel platform against attacks to its application stack. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of all our customers.
The Application Security team maintains the signals, tools and infrastructure that we use to secure Booking.com products and defines the secure coding practices for all our developers. As part of this team, you will be performing indicator analysis, building advanced and novel detection mechanisms, developing systems to automate remediation and advise product teams on how to keep customers data safe.
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats
- Build and tune detection mechanisms and automated response tooling
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
- Conduct security assessments and code reviews
- Participate in the Security on call rotation and incident response
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in coding and scripting using one or more of the following programs: Java, Perl, Python, Go, Ruby, and/or similar.
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and/or mobile security issues
- Expertise in spearheading analysis of large data sets in MySQL, Hadoop and Elastic Search
- Excellent communication abilities. Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
Back to top