Senior Engineering Manager
- Bangalore, India
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian’s mission of “Unleash the potential of every team” is the guiding light behind what we do. We have developed well-known products (Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc.), that fit in the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams, and the processes to help every team succeed.
One of these products is Opsgenie - a modern incident management platform for operating always-on services, empowering Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. Opsgenie centralizes alerts, notifies the right people reliably, and enables them to collaborate and take rapid action. Opsgenie also has a track record of operating at five-nines availability. This means reliability is built into our processes, systems, tools, and mindset. We live and breathe reliability.
Customers such as Looker, Whole Foods, Bitly, The Washington Post, EBSCO, Columbia University and Glassdoor use Opsgenie to modernise their incident management and response processes. ‘Downtime is not an option for Looker. Our customers rely on Looker to run their businesses. So, missing any alerts impacts all of our customers, and that's why we rely on Opsgenie.' (Graham from Looker). Opsgenie’s modern incident management processes help organisations all over the globe stream line the handoff points between Dev & Ops teams and plays an instrumental role in Atlassian’s mission.
We are looking for engineers across all levels to join our team in Bengaluru. You will be responsible for leading the product development and platform teams that build Opsgenie’s core product features such as alerting flow, notifications management, user management and pricing & subscription management. You will apply your inquisitive approach in a collaborative manner no matter the task, solving complex problems whether they touch the customer or simply compliment the work of your team.
You will also be required to deeply understand technology landscapes, and evaluate the use of new technologies. You will be influential within your team and work with peers and senior leaders to define and revise the standards for operational excellence across Atlassian. You will consistently tackle abstract issues that span multiple functional areas and drive your team to push for improvements that can scale across other teams, services, and platforms.
On your first day we’ll expect you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of leadership experience in program management and/or software development teams.
- Prior hands-on experience in operating services that offer five 9s availability
- Prior hands-on experience in software development as a member or leader of a development team.
- Experience designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability, availability, testing and performance requirements
- Real passion for learning and mentoring your team to evolve the engineering craft within your team
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Familiarity with AWS Services (DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, EC2, and ElastiCache)
- Experience with building microservices designed for high availability and low latency
- A passion for applying DevOps concepts (CI/CD, etc.) to improve the delivery process of software
- Experience in ElasticSearch and Redis
- Experience with Authentication and Authorization (SSO, OAuth2, OpenID Connect)
- Familiarity with Reactive Systems
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top