Join our team to build the data foundation that powers Asana’s metrics and ML models. Our data artifacts are leveraged by Product and Business data science teams to optimize adoption, growth and experience for Asana users. We partner with the infrastructure team to build self-service analytics platform for the company. Our mission is to ensure high quality data to enable data informed decision making across Asana.
What you’ll achieve
- Design, implement and scale end-to-end data products and solutions that support growing data processing and analytical needs
- Build critical data artifacts that drive product strategy, enable deep dive analysis and reporting
- Partner with data scientists, business domain experts, and engineering teams to build a roadmap aligned with business goals
- Broad ownership to influence and shape the company’s data strategy
- Implement systems to track and ensure data accuracy and data availability
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering (or) software engineering
- Experienced in data modeling and building scalable data pipelines involving complex transformations
- Proficient in data processing and storage technologies like AWS/S3/HDFS, Redshift, Python/Scala, SQL, Spark, Airflow
- Ability to identify bottlenecks in existing workflows and build solutions to achieve operational excellence
- Motivated to work with cross-functional partners to help evolve our analytical data model
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $162,000 - $246,400. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.