System Performance Engineer
Posted: Aug 27, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200060107
The Core Darwin team within Apple's CoreOS organization is looking for an exceptional engineer to work on our state-of-the art operating systems for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, AppleTV, and several other "black box" secret projects. By working inside the core layers of Apple's operating systems, you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the end user experience of all of Apple's consumer operating systems products. You'll be working as part of a highly skilled engineering organization in the exploration, design, and implementation of new ideas that will drive the future of Apple's technology and business. In the Core Operating Systems group, you'll ensure the OS is inseparable from each device's identity as a whole. That's because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you'll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices.
- Deep and current understanding of the C programming language
- Genuine passion for kernel and low-level systems technology
- Previous experience with kernel engineering (e.g. macOS, Linux, BSD, Solaris)
- Strong performance analysis skills and a passion for statistics
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills including written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of hardware architecture and assembly programming is highly desired
Work within a highly skilled engineering team in the design and implementation of kernel and low-level OS technologies. Drive performance features and improvements across organizations that will surprise and delight our customers.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills
Back to top