System Integration Lead
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 13, 2019
Role Number: 200053800
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Depth Hardware group at Apple develops depth-sensing hardware such as the revolutionary TrueDepth camera that powers FaceID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, research, and manufacturing development of these highly complex sensing systems for Apple products. The Depth Hardware team is seeking a product Integration engineer to lead integration of Depth HW into products in partnership with product and technology teams.
- This role requires the ability to learn quickly and become familiar with several different technology areas. Ability to lead teams and take responsibility for project success is a requirement. The ideal candidate will be an expert in at least 1-2 of the skill listed below, and have some familiarity with all of the skills listed:
- At least 4+ years relevant experience.
- Mechanical design and tolerance analysis of highly constrained, high-volume designs.
- Electronic circuit design and test. Digital experience with at least some power-supply analog.
- Design and test of compact imaging optics.
- Image quality evaluation including test charts, algorithms, and lighting.
- Image sensor design and characterization.
- Manufacturing processes and testing of high-precision, high-volume modules.
- Data analysis and statistics using MATLAB or other mathematical software.
Definition and trade studies of camera optics, sensors, and packaging. Interaction with electrical and mechanical teams on integration of camera hardware into products. Leadership of off-shore manufacturing partners on camera design evaluation, module prototype builds, and qualification. Leadership of camera testing in Apple labs and at manufacturing sites. This includes image quality, electrical, and mechanical testing. Evaluation and debugging of camera HW at module and product levels. Documentation of camera-specific design, test, and manufacturing requirements. Travel is required to supplier facilities for product development and production bring-up.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in a relevant field (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optics, Physics or equivalent).
Back to top