SoC Power Validation Engineer
Posted: Nov 1, 2018
Role Number: 200006761
As part of our Silicon Engineering group, you will take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if needed, bringing visionary ideas to the real world. Join us, and you will help design products that bring to our customers experiences they've never before envisioned. You will be part of an exciting silicon design group that is responsible for designing state-of-the-art ASICs. We have an extraordinary opportunity for Validation Engineers. The SoC hardware development team is looking for a motivated engineer to fill a full-time position. The primary role is to engage in power hardware validation and analysis of typical SoC workloads. The analysis of the workloads and their power dissipation will help drive the power optimization efforts to achieve best-in-class power/performance.
- We are looking for applicants with at least 3 years of experience, great programming skills and understanding of low-power digital design and power fundamentals, including:
- Expertise on C/Assembly programming and associated tool chains.
- Use of basic lab equipment such as multi-meter units, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Calculations for dynamic and static power in CMOS.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team.
Imagine yourself at the center of our SOC design effort, collaborating with all disciplines, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will have the opportunity to integrate and come-up with new ideas, as well as work with a team of talented engineers. As a member of the SoC power team, you will get involved in the power validation efforts of mobile SoCs. The main responsibilities of this role are: - Measure in silicon power dissipation of typical workloads (e.g., video streaming, video recording, etc.), analyze data, and correlate measurements with simulation results. - Have a close collaboration with design, architecture, systems, and software teams, hence strong communication and teamwork skills are essential. Other responsibilities will include (but not limited to): - Perform silicon power measurements and correlate with simulations/projections. - Work with multi-functional teams to enable use-case power measurements. - Improve use-case energy efficiency through tuning of hardware and software settings. - Improve power measurement infrastructure.
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE / Computer Science / Computer Engineering or similar fields.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top