SoC Physical Design Engineer, Top Level
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 27, 2021
Role Number: 200160876
In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for implementing complete chip design from netlist to tapeout.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of hands on experience in physical design and large chip integration.
- Needs to be familiar with all aspects of ASIC integration including Floorplanning, Clock and Power distribution, global signal planning, I/O planning and hard IP integration.
- Familiar with typical SoC issues such as multiple voltage and clock domains, ESD strategies, mixed signal block integration, and package interactions.
- Familiar with hierarchical design approach, top-down design, budgeting, timing and physical convergence.
- Must have experience on integrating IP from both internal and external vendors and be able to specify and drive IP requirements in the physical domain.
- Experience with large SoC designs (>20M gates) with frequencies in excess of 1GHz utilizing state of the art sub 45nm technologies.
- A detailed understanding of database management issues will be required.
- From a CAD tool perspective, experience with Floorplanning tools, P&R flows, global timing verification and Physical Design Verification Flows is required.
- Familiar with various process related design issues including Design for Yield and Manufacturability, multi Vt strategies and thermal Mgt.
• Work with FE team to understand chip architecture and drive physical aspects early in design cycle. • Work with physical design team, drive methodologies and "best known methods" to streamline physical design work, come up with guidelines and checklists, drive execution, and track progress. • Be focal point for place and route drive the work among place and route engineers, set goals and milestones, plan short and long-term work, understand dependencies between different domains like top, STA, block place and route. • Resolve design and flow issues related to physical design, identify potential solutions and drive execution.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
Back to top