SoC Physical Design Engineer, Electrical Analysis
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 27, 2021
Role Number: 200020699
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product As a Physical Electrical Analysis Engineer in our SOC team, you will be driving the electrical analysis and verification of an SoC.
- You will have a background in electrical and computer engineering with experience and ability to understand design and architecture of high performance, low power designs, and digital circuits.
- You have strong knowledge of analysis flows and methodology and have worked with all aspects of ASIC physical design including floorplanning, clock and power distribution.
- You're familiar with package modeling techniques for chip level power analysis.
- You bring the scripting skills needed to debug flow related issues and make enhancements as appropriate.
- You have good working knowledge of industry standard tools used for analysis such as Apache Redhawk, Voltagestorm, ETS, PT-SI, etc. In-depth knowledge in one or more of these tools will be advantageous.
- Past experience of signoff on successful chip tapeouts will help you succeed in our team.
- Your circuit design background and hspice experience a plus.
As a member of our physical design team, you will be performing various electrical analyses at the chip level, including but not limited to, Static/Dynamic IR, EM, Noise and Signal EM. You will work multi-functionally with the CAD/technology teams for flow bring up and validation. You will also collaborate with the implementation team during the entire chip design cycle to drive signoff closure for tapeout. You'll manage schedules and support multi-functional engineering effort.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
Back to top