Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Posted: Sep 27, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200066537
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking to hire a Senior Site Reliability Engineer in Austin, TX to build new monitoring solutions that demonstrate a myriad of technologies and tools to achieve global monitoring of applications and services. You will be able to architect, deliver and operate multi-tier solutions involving Web Applications and Database Technologies. Systems and applications will be built and deployed through automation.
- Experience with Unix (Solaris, Linux, macOS) and a wide spectrum of internet standards and technologies, especially related to LDAP and Collaboration Applications
- Understanding of Load balancing Technologies for Web Applications
- Reviewing hardware, software infrastructure and application functionality for optimization and identifying performance bottlenecks
- Automation lifecycle including configuration and code deployment in user acceptance test and production environments
- Knowledge of Traditional and Distributed Database Technologies
- Monitoring services and driving incident management with the application teams and vendors
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity
- Ability to write programs using a high-level programming language like Shell, Python, or Perl
- Experience with configuration management systems like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Background in crafting and managing infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment
- Strong communication skills to work effectively across multiple businesses and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality.
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- Require participation in On-Call rotation
As the demand for our services continues to grow rapidly we are forming a team to best position ourselves to deliver a service to the highest level, as expected at Apple. We handle very large number of sites across the globe for monitoring, and support a wide variety of business units with unique needs that we can solve. You would support and monitor platforms and application stacks including measurement and optimization of system / service performance. Capacity planning and management is an integral part of this job. You will be involved in exploring and evaluating new technologies to push Apple's capabilities forward, Architect, deliver, operate and provide 3rd level support of high volume, highly available web applications. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Education & Experience
B.S, or M.S in Computer Science, 7+ years of equivalent experience
Back to top