RFIC Layout Engineer
Posted: Apr 16, 2019
Role Number: 200053458
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. In this role, you will work closely with the RFIC design team to layout and verify custom RF and analog IP for complex SoC products.
- Experience in custom RF/analog layout with extensive knowledge of deep sub-micron CMOS (40nm, 28nm, FinFET, etc.)
- Knowledgable in layout techniques for device matching, minimizing parasitics, RF shielding, and high frequency routing
- Solid understanding of RC delay, electromigration, and coupling
- Understanding of guard rings, DNW, PN junctions, and advanced process effects such as LOD, WPE, etc.
- High level proficiency in interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, etc.
- Knowledge of CADENCE layout tools
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with cross-functional teams
- You would also have the following, if you're more experienced:
- Capability to lead other layout engineers for top-level integration
- Ability to recognize failure prone circuit and layout structures and proactively work with circuit designers for the best approach to resolve problems
- Scripting skills in PERL or SKILL are a plus, but not required
As a RF layout engineer, you will be responsible for • Detailed transistor-level layout of RF and analog circuit blocks including LNA, mixers, PLL, LO generation, modulators, power amplifiers, ADC/DAC, baseband filters, and bandgap/bias/LDO. • Block level and top-level layout through full verification flow including extraction, DRC, LVS, and DFM checking • Co-work with designers on block level and top-level floorplanning • Layout review for power/gnd routing, electromigration, signal path check, differential and IQ matching, and signal coupling • Top-level layout integration and verification, schedule management
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top