Posted: Oct 6, 2021
Role Number: 200001167
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? In our Silicon Technologies group we help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices! Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this role as part of the GPU Performance Analysis team, you will be responsible for developing tools and content needed to aid performance analysis, tuning, and debug of Apple's GPU products.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules
- Excellent communications skills, self-motivated and well organized
- Proficient Python programmer
- Strong software debug skills is viewed as necessary for this role
- Experience with Tableau and/or Splunk is a plus but not required
- OpenGL/CL and/or Metal API programming experience is a plus but not required
- 3D graphics architecture knowledge is viewed positively in this role but not required
As a GPU Performance Analysis Engineer, your responsibilities will include the following: Developing performance test plan to validate GPU performance Developing GPU content to measure GPU performance Debugging performance issues to identify software problems Working with driver, compiler and app engineers to improve GPU performance Developing tools to aid in the efficient measurement, communication and improvement of GPU performance Validating the functionality and quantify the performance benefit of the features and algorithms implemented in hardware and software Conducting directed studies and help provide solutions to performance challenges unique to mobile GPUs that are aimed at driving the architecture of next generation mobile products via measurements, simulations, benchmarking, or competitive analysis.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in EE/CS/ECS