- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 14, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200186395
Apple is looking for a FEA engineer to lead structural, thermal, and dynamic analysis of touch sensor, flat panel displays and their integration process. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self-motivated. A successful candidate needs to be a flexible thinker and be able to problem solve outside of their respective technical area.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in advanced FEA analysis in high volume consumer electronic products and/or modules. Direct experience with flat panel display, touch sensor, lamination process is preferred.
- ANSYS or Abaqus experience required. APDL experience is highly desirable. LS-DYNA and ANSYS-ICEPAK experience is plus.
- Structural and thermal focus; non-linear FEA experience desirable.
- Applied knowledge/experience with flex circuits, ACF bonding, adhesives, flat panel display, material science and basic chemistry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors
- The candidate must be able to communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
This FEA engineer will own and drive analysis of cutting edge designs, enabling early material, process and structural design optimization as well as root cause and failure analysis of difficult mechanical problems. - Generate FEA/analytical models of mechanical parts, modules, and assemblies. - Perform static, dynamic, structural, and thermal-mechanical analysis. - Own and drive material characterization and testing plan to support modeling efforts. - Working knowledge with adhesive material, ACF material, flat panel display material is preferred. - Own, drive, and execute consistent methods of modeling and analysis of modules across programs. - Coordinate and work with other analysts to integrate module models into larger system assemblies. - Communicate and report analysis results to team as well as cross-functional peers and management on a regular basis. - Drive failure analysis, root cause efforts, and design of experiments to resolve difficult problems. - Brainstorm and propose solutions to problems based on analysis data. - Generate applicable engineering specifications and create applicable processes to assure consistent early analysis and design validation of critical issues.
Education & Experience
MSME required; PhD preferred
Back to top