Embedded Systems Video Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 26, 2019
Role Number: 200117585
Imagine the impact you can make. A billion users will use the technologies you helped craft almost daily. At Apple, you will have the opportunity to work on products that are always leaders in the industry and occasionally, change the world! The Video Engineering group at Apple is responsible for creating the image/video core technologies used in almost all Apple products and services. In this role, you will develop embedded software for image and video compression/processing, implementing features for applications such as the iPhone/iPad Camera capture, Live Photo, AirPlay, FaceTime, iMovie and many more on a vast variety of devices. As an embedded software engineer, you will work on the video/image subsystem, including new video compression/processing feature development, performance and power optimization. The applicant will be an extraordinary teammate and have a consistent track record of development for large volume product shipment.
- Experience with video codec (MPEG2/4, H264/AVC, or HEVC) is a plus
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Solid programming skills and C/C++ coding abilities
- Experience in embedded real time multitasking software system
- Minimum of 3 years direct related experience in embedded software development
- Development experience with firmware/driver development and hardware bring-up and debugging a huge plus
- Good written and oral interpersonal skills
You will focus on bringing up new HW platforms as well as working on the roadmap for future projects. You will help developing embedded software features in collaboration with multiple teams and fix the related bugs. You will also work on prototyping features for future products and design, improve and maintain the software infrastructure across multiple platforms and write and enhance new testing tools. Multi-functional collaboration and strong team spirit is key to this role.
Education & Experience
M.S preferred, B.E/B.S/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related majors.
Back to top