Custom Circuits Design Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 20, 2019
Role Number: 200057854
Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? Do you have a passion for crafting entirely new solutions? Do you love building without precedent? As part of our Digital group, you'll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if needed, bringing forward-thinking ideas to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. Join us, and you'll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they've never before envisioned. You will be part of an exciting silicon design group that is responsible for designing state-of-the-art ASICs. We have an extraordinary opportunity for Circuits Engineers. In this role, you will be working with a team of circuit designers to design advanced custom digital megacells (SRAM memories, on-chip sensors, ML accelerators data path) used in a high performance / low power SOC.
- We are looking for applicants with 2-5 years design experience in advanced technology nodes.
- Experience in design of low voltages / low power custom circuits.
- Experience in one or multiple of the following areas is highly desirable: Machine learning accelerators, SRAM
- circuits, non-volatile memories, weak / moderate inversion circuits, ultra-low power amplifiers, DC/DC
- converters, digital on-chip sensors, high speed clocking, time to digital converters (TDCs).
- Deep understanding of deep submicron device physics, leakage mechanisms, technology interactions with
- device behavior.
- Solid understanding of device matching, device noise sources (1/f, thermal), extrinsic noise sources (supply,
- jitter), and their impact on high precision circuit.
- Ability to conduct experiments during silicon debug, gathering and analyzing data; and utilize scripting to
- support efficient handling of ATE data.
- Familiar with mixed signal verification and behavioral models for mixed signal blocks.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Python /Perl or others) and CAD automation tools.
- Knowledge of industry standard circuit and design tools.
Imagine yourself at the center of our SOC design effort, collaborating with all disciplines, with a critical impact and playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will have the opportunity to integrate and come-up with new ideas, as well as work with a team of hardworking engineers. You will perform the following: - Develop custom circuits to improve chip power efficiency. - Work with power team, PD and architects to define specifications and requirements. - Perform design, analysis, modeling/simulation, circuit level specifications, schematic capture, spice simulation / margin verification across PVT, statistical design, functional verification and silicon bring up. - Work closely with layout team to complete the design and oversee the layout quality. - Develop / drive circuit methodology to achieve the highest design quality metrics.
Education & Experience
- BSEE / MSEE is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top